Let’s face it, no one likes to do laundry; and folding and putting it away, you can forget it! Keeping your screen printed apparel looking fresh every time you wear it is as important to us as it is to you. Here are a few of our inside tips and tricks to keep that fresh off the press look.
1. Wash similar clothes together
We know you’re thinking, well duh of course I don’t wash my white with my reds! But we’re always talking about washing similar textures together. For example washing a screen printed 100% polyester smooth knitted shirt with a jean jacket with buttons could damage the shirt. Washing with items that are unalike each other can also cause pilling.
2. Wash custom prints in cold water
This is a universal rule for most clothing in general cold is good and heat is bad. Unless the apparel is very dirty or needs to be sanitized there isn’t much of a reason to wash clothing in heat. Hot water isn’t gentle on fabric and in the end will break it down.
3. Avoid using bleach or other harsh detergents
Don’t use bleach or other harsh soaps (like fabric softener) as it can break down your clothing and prints.
4. Do the hokey pokey and turn your clothes inside out
Turning your clothes inside out is a trick any laundry pro will tell you if the item is screen printed or not. This will help the printed area on your t-shirt stay vivid.
5. Turn it Down! Use a Low Heat Setting in the Dryer
Do not, I repeat DO NOT put your custom printed clothing in the dryer at the hottest setting. Dryers are amazing time savers but they are rough on the longevity of clothing. Dryers can be particularly hard on the ink we use to print with.
6. Stay away from the dry cleaner and ironing
As we’ve established, high heat is not good for screen print designs, and dry cleaning and ironing are no exception. Ironing directly on a screen printed design can cause damage to the design.
What we’ve learned today to keep your screen printed clothing looking better than ever: wash similar clothes together, wash it in cold water, avoid bleach and harsh detergent, turn your clothes inside out, use a low heat setting, and stay away from the dry cleaner and ironing. This concludes our lesson on how to wash your screen printed apparel for the very best results.
We see it every day, people going through the daunting task of choosing the right t-shirt for their occasion and wanting to pull their hair out! Do you want your shirt to turn into a crowd favorite or have it be hidden away in a drawer never to be heard from again? Read on!
100% Cotton OR a 50/50 Blend Standard 6.1 oz T-Shirt
This shirt is a classic go to for events everywhere. This type of shirt will be what you see in many situations and may be right for you too. This will be the easiest on your wallet, and is also so widely used most people will know their size before even trying it on. These shirts have a boxier cut and will last FOR-EV-ER. Seriously, we still have some from the 60’s. This is the most basic option and is a go to for people everywhere.
100% Polyester Performance Shirt
This isn’t the 100% polyester shirt that your parents wore in the 70’s. This material that has a smooth feel to it and is durable, wrinkle resistant, and lightweight. Performance shirts have an amazing property that will wick away sweat from your body which is perfect because no one likes their shirt feeling wet… gross! These shirts may be used for sports teams, 5K run/walks and any athletic event.
These shirts are made of 50% polyester, 25% cotton, 25% rayon. The fabric of Tri-blend shirts is as soft a kitten on a cloud made of marshmallows. These shirts are more fashion forward and are used for events with a younger generation in mind. Although, people of all ages have been known to love a tri-blend tee.
In conclusion, let’s recap what we’ve learned today:
1. Want a more price conscious look that will reach a large demographic? Look no further than the standard t-shirt.
2. Have an event with athletic people? A performance tee is where it’s at.
3. Need a more fashion forward look that mimics retail? Go with a Tri-blend.
When you chat with one of our expert salespeople keep these things in mind, but of course these are not the end all be all. We offer hundreds of different t-shirts with different cuts and fabrics. If you want to see one of our many options your salesperson can order a sample for you. To begin looking for your favorite t-shirt follow our link- Our Products.
We are now thrilled to announce we can now get and decorate (drumroll please…) Carhartt products! Carhartt has been outworking them all since 1889 with the motto “honest value for an honest dollar.” Their newest mission is to serve more industries than any workwear brand. This will help them reach people who will wear their products for lifestyle, tractor supply stores, home services, transportation, construction, railroad, and many more industries.
There will be thirty eight workwear styles available for purchase which will help you battle the elements. We would recommend these be embroidered, but we will work with you to find the best decoration method whether it be embroidery, screen printing, or heat transfer. These products are backed by the highest level of service and quality with Carhartt’s 130 year history.
The active jac’s have two different types of lining, the quilted flannel and the thermal lined jackets and both are available in tall sizes. The difference between the thermal lined jackets and the quilt lined jackets is flexibility and warmth. Both jackets will keep you warm, but the quilt lined jackets are built with warmth in mind. The thermal lining is a lighter and more flexible fabric.
Trying to pick out items and brands that will hold up to the test of time can be intimidating but look no further than the Carhartt brand! Whether it be a t-shirt to wear in the summer or the duck traditional coat we’ve got you covered. We always stand by our products so we are ecstatic to be able to bring you the legendary quality and durability of Carhartt products.
Carhartt Products that will be available: https://www.sanmar.com/custompages/pdfs/2019_Carhartt_Zoom.pdf
Rick Santos always knew that he wanted to start his own business.
He considered founding an aluminum manufacturing business, but he was unable to secure adequate funding. That’s when the famous Henry Kaiser’s credo came into play for Rick: “Find a need and fill it.” Finding that need on a shoestring budget led Rick to begin selling hockey equipment, skates, and team sporting goods. A pro shop named Super Sport in the Glenwood Ice Rink was where it all began in 1974.
The second Super Sport location opened in the Summit Plaza in 1975. Business was expanding and we were excelling at uniforming teams, but we were relying on outside vendors that were not always dependable. This did not align with our “make them happy the first time” credo, which led us to purchase our own screen printing equipment. Did we know everything about screen printing back then? Absolutely not. But we learned quickly and used creative ways to manufacture quality products.
With continued growth, the business moved to a renovated building on 12th Street. Fast forward six years to 1991, and the decision was made to move away from sporting goods and focus our full attention on screen printing. We had yet again outgrown our space and moved to our current Millcreek location.
Shortly after moving into our new building, we undertook two new ventures: promotional products and embroidery. Continued success led to a new addition to our building in 2004, which is now our robust production area. Rick made the decision to retire in 2007, but the family legacy continued when Rick’s sons, Jeff and Ron Santos, assumed the roles of co-owners.In the more recent years, we have expanded by purchasing Tom Sanner T-Prints in 2011. It is now a satellite location of Creative Imprint Systems in Harbor Creek. We then continued our expansion in 2016 by adding another location in Meadville. On average we have 45 fantastic employees, a big difference from when we first moved into this location with only nine employees! We continue to stick to the same values we’ve had from the beginning: Delivering quality products and putting the customer first. In conclusion, we are ready for 2019 and beyond!
You’ve been put in charge of gathering orders from individuals within your organization, but what now? We will work with you to make this daunting task a manageable one. Getting these off of the ground can seem intimidating, but with our help it can be done in less steps than you may think. One thing rings true whether an order form or an online store is right for you: 8-12 items is the sweet spot when choosing what to offer for people to buy.
Good characteristics for choosing an online store
- If you are a business and you will have 75 or more people ordering, an online store can provide an easy way for each person to access the store. An online store will allow them to choose the product that is best for them, while seeing an individualized sizing chart for each item.
- Are you the lucky one chosen to set up a clothing sale for a large school or an entire school district? An online store would be a great option for you to choose. An online store will eliminate the hassle (and worry) of collecting hundreds of pieces of paper and checks.
- For a sports team that has the potential to reach 75 people or more, an online store would be a great opportunity. Picture this: You send the link out to all the football parents and players, and you don’t have to do anything else until the clothing and items are screen printed and ready to be picked up. Pinch yourself. You are not dreaming!
- College sports teams have parents, relatives, and alumni all at their disposal. This can mean selling to people all over the country with ease, and having it shipped directly to them. With some advertising for your store, this can be a successful way to delight parents and alumni everywhere.
Does one of these describe you? An order form is the way to go.
- You are a smaller business, but you still want to have an offering of screen printed and embroidered products for your incredible employees. Say no more. An order form is the thing for you!
- A small high school sport or activity. The kids involved with your softball team are awesome, and they want to order spiritwear to show that team spirit. You are on the right track with us! We can design your order form and even print them out for you to pick up at one of our three locations.
- Maybe your school hasn’t had a great spiritwear order rate in the past but you are ready to try again. An order form can be a great fundraiser for you!
Whichever way you and your salesperson decide is best for purchasing clothing and spiritwear items for your organization, we will make sure you have an exceptional experience. Contact us today to get this process started. We always do our best to live up to our motto, “we’re more than ink on a shirt.”
2670 West 11th St,
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: (814) 835-1000
4723 Buffalo Rd,
Harborcreek, PA 16510
Phone: (814) 898-2728
525 Baldwin St,
Meadville, PA 16335
Phone: (814) 336-1001